Friday, February 10, 2006

Book club lite & yet book club max

From Dave Adam:
Sorry you couldn't make it, I undertook vice-Chair duties for the blog:
Testing times for book club as the Chair was sorely missed. However, all enjoyed Tapas in Notting Hill. Especially enjoyed watching the rabble on the way down through portobello: girls pissing in the street shouting at us - Why not? You lot do it you dirty bastards!
Found a little pub after 12 (surprisingly difficult in Notting Hill), and Mr Ackland cranked up the juke box with A boy Named Sue. Back to Mr Cliffords for a wee sharpner. In summary: I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Cash (out of ten) - BA 9, BC 8, DA
BA -Same voice as Jesus Blood but an octave lower
BC - No moralizing.... shit happens
Ballard (out of ten) - BA 5, BC 8, DA 8
BC - I'm a sucker for surrealism
BA - I would have liked it stripped down to a poem

Next book
Book - Gabrielle Garcia Marquez, My Melancholy Whores (BC)
CD - Elbow, Leaders of the Free World (DA)
Venue - Dave's house in Letchworth (probably somewhere in around May after all the children are born.)

Other recommendations:
Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan bootleg vol. 7 No direction home, Kate Bush - Aerial
Possible excursion to see Elbow - see BA

Optional extra for PG, all to reconvene for quick drink in Holborn this Wednesday?

1 Comments:

At 3:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dοes your blog havе a cοntаct page?
I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'ԁ like to ѕend you an e-mail.
I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

My web blog lloyd irvin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home