Wednesday, December 01, 2010

confirmation of last nights recs

Hi all,



great to see everyone last night. My apologies for my inability to remember details of my recs:




Wagner's Das Rheingold was the piece of music which Herzog so beautifully and frighteningly uses at the beginning of Nosferatu.



Charles Mackay's Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of Crowds is a series of essays on all matters including economics. but my favourite recently was on London Words







My other music recommendation was Eels Daisies of the Galaxy - I couldn't remember his name, becuase he doesn't appear to have one.




finally - we talked a lot about data visualisations - perhaps too much. but thought you might be interested in one of my favourite Ted Talks from Hans Rosling.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen.html

and his update is to the original is also very good.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_reveals_new_insights_on_poverty.html

good to see you all - and look forward to seeing all your recommendations here.

cheers,

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home